The Defy is the #1 selling climbing shoe in the U.S. for a reason; it offers an amazing combination of comfort, performance, and value. This shoe is ideal for beginning to intermediate climbers. A great fitting shoe that performs exceptionally well and highly recomended for Southern Sandstone and a variety of lesser rocks. A celebrated ‘best seller’ for good reason; proven on marginal smears and slabs, the flexible mid-sole and USA formulated sticky eco-TRAX rubber will help you send those ‘iffy’ moves, velcro tightenings and padded ‘volume’ tongue.
Variable Thickness Rand Technology is a new technology that features strategically varying thicknesses in the toe rand. The HW (High Wear) Zone will be engineered to be thicker and more durable than other areas of the rand which will not only enhance the toe box structure but prevent toe-bulge.
- Prevents toe-bulge and maintains toe box structure
- More durability in the HW (High Wear) Zone
- Waste reduction during manufacturing process
- Profile:Asymmetrical (KA-1 last)
- Upper:Synthetic (perforated Synthratek upper)
- Lining:Nylon (comfortable and plush)
- Closure: SystemTwo hook and loop straps
- Midsole:MX-P: 1mm sensitive half-length
- Sole:4.2mm TRAX® XT-5 high friction rubber
- Rand:VTR rand (thicker in front toe area)
- Weight:210 g (7.5 oz); ½ pair size 9